Saturday, January 1, 2011

Lift your empty hands to HIM


Treasures

One by one He took them from me,

All the things I valued most,

Until I was empty-handed;

Every glittering toy was lost.

And I walked earth's highways, grieving.

In my rags and poverty.

Till I heard His voice inviting,

"Lift your empty hands to Me!"

So I held my hands toward heaven,

And He filled them with a store

Of His own transcendent riches,

Till they could contain no more.

And at last I comprehended

With my stupid mind and dull,

That God COULD not pour His riches

Into hands already full!

-Martha Snell Nicholson

This was Martha's poem. Martha was wrong about one thing: It is NOT GOD who takes things from us. However, it IS GOD who heals, delivers and restores what has been lost--when we lift our hands to HIM. I am believing for that in my life and for you as well. Happy New Year and God Bless you all.

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful poem! Only when we avoid worldly distractions and stop being materialistic, we experience true happiness and healing touch of God.

    ReplyDelete

The Secret

You are the secret my heart holds silently, quietly, gleefully. When life erupts around me or tu...